Tuesday, September 8, 2026

A Rabbi Walked in to a Chapter

One of the emails in a folder I went through last night….was an email I sent to a Rabbi Kulwin of New Jersey after he tried to get me to sign a gag agreement (Agreement!) protecting my ex husband (which was written by his congregant Marc Berson * my son’s father in law)…..they demanded my silence. And threatened that I will never meet my grandchildren.

This agreement demanded my removal from all social media platforms FOREVER.

My ex husband and adult sons painted themselves as victims.  Something very common in narcissistic abuse.  Narcissists play the victim to escape accountability, protect a fragile ego, and twist the narrative so that they appear injured rather than the offender.  This behavior is a core manipulation strategy.  My blog and social media presence angered them. 

Toxic families don’t address what happened—they expect you to stay silent and move on.

Well, a victim’s silence is an abuser’s greatest asset.

I own everything that happened to me.

In 2019….the email below is what I wrote to Rabbi Kulwin.

Good morning. 

There is so much I would like to say to you - so much you never understood nor were told....
Rabbi Kulwin, you should never judge a situation by the chapter you came in on.  And that is what you did to me in this horrible mess....
I never told you how I have a police report where my 18 year old son hit me in the back so hard I was rendered breathless, knocked to the ground.  I have that report.  I never told you what initially motivated me to get out of a domestic violence hell (trying to remove my sons as well), after being called to pick up Jared from a police station for beating up a girl on the school bus (she needed stitches in her head). I have that report.  I never told you my son who instigated a physical altercation WITH A YOUNG WOMAN  when he was in his twenties, in a pizzeria...still pushing and shoving her in the restaurant parking lot.  I have that police report.  The officer told me that Jared's father got in touch with the young woman's mother and forced them to not press charges ($$$$) - it was purged.  But I have that police report, too.  And so many others.  Including the one where my son said he wanted to spend an afternoon with my dog, and would return him to me in said parking lot----but he never returned, He kidnapped my dog.  This was the 2nd dog his father killed.  Jared is probably unaware of the details.  My ex admitted it in a forensic psychologist report - he poisoned my first dog, Rudy.  And Rocky was most likely poisoned from materials in the basement where my ex kept him locked up when Jared was not home.  Animal abuse.  It's the tip of the domestic violence cycle I endured.  My son was not a child then.  There was no blog for anyone to blame things on.  These were just evil acts carried out by bad people.

I have a folder of police reports on both sons.  Stored away in a storage unit.  I don't care to look at them...until some day when I may have to.  They are with the literally hundreds of medical reports I have on my own injuries suffered through the years of DV.

So you walked in on the chapter where I finally began to speak out and wrote a blog.  I wrote out my pain.  I sent it out to the universe and it didnt feel so heavy anymore.....that for me was a life saver.  Unfortunately.


No comments:

Post a Comment